by Donna Hurst
If you have setup your Project ID’s to include your Customer ID, e.g. let’s say it’s SYN01-XXXX. And you want the XXXX to increment to the next Number (0001, 0002, 0003, etc), you can do the following:
1) Setup a code type in Project Controller / Code Type Maintenance of 0CUS. The length of the field will be the length of your customer ID.
- Make the Data 1 Field Visible.
- The Caption should read “Count.”
- The length of the field should be the length of the Project Segment that will be incrementing.
- The Mask should be 9-Numeric.
2) Update the 0CUS Code File in the Project Controller Code File Maintenance screen.
- Enter each customer as the Code Value.
- Enter the Customer Name as the Description.
- Enter the current number of projects (last project number) for that customer.
3) Update the Project Controller Setup Screen: The Segment number will be 1 (as it’s the first segment that you are wanting to count) and the Type will be the 0CUS (the code file you setup).
4) When you go to create your next project, click the “New Project” icon next to the Project ID and then enter the Customer ID in the Customer field and press the Increment button.
Dynamics SL will look to the “count” field in the code file to get the next number and then increment by one. That’s it!